ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015 Training Course for Mauritius Accreditation Service Assessors
The Mauritius Accreditation Service (MAURITAS) currently operates its Certification Body Accreditation Programme for the following activities:
• Certification of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001)
• Certification of Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001)
• Certification of Food Safety Management Systems based on Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (MS 133)
• Certification of Food Safety Management Systems based on Food Safety Management System (ISO 22000)
• Certification of Information Security Management Systems (ISO/IEC 27001)
Assessments are carried out by Lead assessors from MAURITAS and freelance technical assessors from both the public and private sectors.
In order to upgrade its assessors to the new version of ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015 and on ISO/TS 17021-3:2013, MAURITAS organized a three-day training course from 19 to 21 January 2017. The training course was conducted by a trainer from the National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB) under the Memorandum of Understanding Agreement between MAURITAS and NABCB.
Training course on ISO/IEC 17021-1: 2015 and ISO TS 17021-3:2013 in the conference room of MAURITAS
Including MAURITAS staff, 14 participants attended the NABCB training course. Participants undertook a written examination at the end of the course. The Director of MAURITAS handed over certificates of participation to the participants.
Handing over certificate of participation
As of May 2017, the MAURITAS pool of assessors comprises 11 assessors including 2 QMS assessors, 5 HACCP and FSMS assessors and 4 ISMS assessors.