April 2018 IAF Technical Committee Meeting Highlights
The IAF Technical Committee met 06 - 07 April 2018 in Frankfurt Germany, with 170 participants from the Accreditation and Certification Body communities, as well as stakeholders from around the world joining this meeting.
Key outcomes of the meeting included agreement to:
- Further publicize the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 transition deadlines;
- develop a Joint IAF-OIML Assessment Procedure in the field of legal metrology;
- develop IAF documents to support the proposed ICAO CORSIA program;
- further expand measures to encourage the transition for ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015; and
- establish an Ad-hoc Task Force to study fraudulent behavior by certified organizations.
The meeting also spent a half day on a number of discussion papers to improve consistency of operations among IAF members.