ARAC Membership and MLA Signatories
ARAC includes 17 members (12 Full members and five associates) covering 17 Arab countries (Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen). Four (4) are ARAC MLA signatories (EGAC, EIAC, GAC and JAS-AU).
ARAC encourages and welcomes stakeholders, such as associations of accredited Conformity Assessment Bodies from the Arab region, to join ARAC.
ARAC Mid-Term Meetings 2019:
After much planning, successful ARAC Mid-Term meetings were held in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, from 03 to 07 March 2019, hosted by the Emirates International Accreditation Centre (EIAC).
Key issues discussed by ARAC Committees included:
- The extension of the ARAC MLA scope for the accreditation of Conformity Assessment Bodies that certify the competence of persons;
- Different options and scenarios for ensuring ARAC’s financial sustainability;
- Hosting the ARAC Secretariat and the registration of ARAC as a legal entity;
- Establishment of new ARAC Working and Task Force Groups (e.g. Capacity Building);
- Preparation for ARAC’s upcoming peer evaluation to be conducted by IAF and ILAC.
Participants at the ARAC 2019 Mid-term meetings
Activities to Promote the IAF MLA:
During its 11th meeting, held on 05 and 06 March 2019, the Communications and Marketing Committee translated the IAF & ILAC World Accreditation Day (WAD) 2019 video “Accreditation: Adding Value to Supply Chains” into Arabic.
The translated video and the WAD 2019 support documents will be provided to ARAC members for use in celebrating IAF & ILAC WAD 2019.
ARAC Regional Workshops:
Dr. Cynthia Woodley facilitated an ARAC regional training workshop on IAF MD 20 for ARAC Peer Evaluators and Accreditation Body representatives.
The objective of the Workshop was to harmonize the understanding and the implementation of the new IAF Mandatory Document, including of issues such as:
- What peer evaluators have to expect as proof of implementation of IAF MD 20 from an Accreditation Body undergoing evaluation, and what are the minimum "evaluation records" that have to be kept.
- According to the IAF/ILAC A2, how much time can be assigned, during a normal one-week peer evaluation, for evaluating competence requirements in compliance with IAF MD 20.
- In-depth discussions on IAF MD 20 requirements considering what Accreditation Bodies have to demonstrate in order to fulfill various requirements (Level B or Level B1, or Level B1 + every aspect, etc.).
Participants at ARAC Regional Workshop on IAF MD 20
Upcoming ARAC Key Events:
Peer Evaluators Training Plan: ARAC Training Workshop on Implementation of ISO/IEC 17011:2017:
In September 2019, ARAC will conduct a Peer Evaluators’ workshop with the objective of reaching a common understanding on the application of the new/revised requirements of ISO/IEC 17011:2017.
ARAC Annual meetings:
The next ARAC Annual meetings will be held from 15 - 19 September 2019, in Tunis, Tunisia.
The contact details of ARAC Secretariat are:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The ARAC website address is: http://www.arac-accreditation.org
Phone number: + 212 600 78 56 78